Pilot Benefits of Flying a Cirrus at Air Ventures PDK
The Cirrus SR20 with the Garmin Perspective provides the pilot with better equipment than most airline cockpits. Among the highlights:
Back to the Cirrus Experience Main Page
- Full WAAS-enabled GPS navigation allows you to conduct ILS-like approaches to many airports around the U.S.
- Synthetic Vision Technology shows you terrain, obstacles, and traffic, giving you unique situational awareness and safety in both VFR and IFR conditions.
- HITS (Highway in the Sky), which is the new way to see exactly where your airplane is going and provides you with an intuitive way of precisely controlling your flight path.
- A full function flight director allows you to hand fly an instrument approach with airline-captain precision or couple it to the GFC700 autopilot to reduce your workload when the weather is less than ideal.
- LVL (Level) button on the GFC700 autopilot allows you to recover from an unusual attitude in any condition.
- Active Traffic continually monitors all surrounding aircraft and offers both visual and aural alerts if any of the other aircraft pose a threat.
- XM Satellite Weather allows you to see NEXRAD radar, winds aloft, lighting, METARS, and many more weather products for your entire trip allowing great peace of mind while you’re en route.